· EGP 326.8 billion in allocations for education and health sectors, 3.1 billion for salaries, 149 billion for commodity subsidy.
· EGP 9.7 billion appropriated for supplying medicines, 1.5 billion for baby formulas, and 1.3 billion for underprivileged in the comprehensive health Insurance system
· EGP 82.2 billion allocated for pension funds, 18.5 billion for Social solidarity funds "Takaful and Karama"
· EGP 3.5 billion allocated for supplying natural gas to households, and 3.9 billion for Social Housing projects.
· Public investments recorded its highest increase since the last 10 years by 40%.
Finance ministry, Dr. Mohammed Maait, has recently announced the implementation of the new budget for the 2019/20 fiscal year with a total of EGP 1.6 trillion in expenditures, an increase of EGP 150 billion from prior year's budget. more...